Friday, February 22, 2013

International Law Firms

Hello Readers!

I have only a few days left until I leave for China! It's definitely an exciting thought to know this time next week I will be on the other side of the planet. It seemed like only yesterday I started this project, but now I am ready to go to China and begin my internship at the law firm.

I have a few updates regarding the internship. Turns out I will be interning underneath the director of the biggest law firm in China! As scary as it may seem, this is a great honor and opportunity I am very thankful to have. Hopefully my Chinese has improved enough to avoid myself unnecessary embarrassment when I pronounce characters incorrectly.

I have continued to research my topic, focusing on the characteristics that define collectivism and individualism. If I am going to identify the trend of China's shift towards individualism, I need to know what indicates either ideology. Additionally, I have done some research on how business is conducted in international law firms. Although I'm sure there are many similarities between American and Chinese law firms, but I look forward to experiencing the differences.

I will continue to post blogs updating you guys on my progress. Thanks so much for reading!

Countdown to China: 4 days!!!

-Ishan Patel

No comments:

Post a Comment