Saturday, February 9, 2013

Interning at one of China's largest law firms

Hello Readers!

For my third post I thought I would give you all a little more information about where I will be interning in China. As you know, I am going to China to answer my research question: How might China’s shift to individualism affect business litigation in a previously collectivist society?

I am going to be interning at King and Wood Mallesons, one of the largest law firms in China. This will be an amazing (and a little intimidating) opportunity I can't wait to experience. This prestigious firm specializes in multiple areas such as international trade, intellectual property, and finance. Since communication to China is a tricky thing to organize, I have yet to discover the exact logistics of what I will be doing at the firm. Whether I am assigned to one adviser or meet many, I look forward to working with and learning from the amazing lawyers at the firm. If anyone is interested in reading more about the firm, just visit http://www.kingandwood.com. 


This picture illustrates a successful relationship with a major mining company. King and Wood represents many clients like this, which contributes to their great reputation. Although I probably won't get to see a high tech machine like this one, I expect to learn a lot from one of China's biggest law firms. 

With only 16 days left until I go to China, I will continue to research my topic and build up my knowledge on Chinese collectivism and individualism. I can't say I know what to expect when answering my research question, but the mystery makes it that much more exciting as I continue on with my research project. 

Thank you all for reading my blog and I will keep posting updates on the progress of my project!

-Ishan Patel (adventurer extraordinaire)


















No comments:

Post a Comment